2021 Daffodils and Tulips are blooming NOW!
Open week of 4/12 - every evening from 5-7pm for You pick Tulips and Daffodils ! We will update this if we sell out of spring flowers!
This weekend ONLY - TWO DOZEN Tulips and Daffodils for $30!
or One Dz for $20
We are open only select days and times - our schedule is announced and posted above as it becomes available. Check our Facebook and Instagram for more updates!
Check out what we’re up to on IG and YouTube!
Message us to discuss a scheduling private flower cutting experience.
Haven’t you always wanted to stand in a field of flowers? Pick your own bouquet?
Located just 20 mins east of Springfield, Mo.
Wondering how it works?
- The you-pick field is open only on select days and hours throughout the season - this information will be posted on our facebook page, as well as instagram (and here on the website)
- See our Pricing Guide for information on how flowers are priced and then PLEASE come back and read this page!
- Park in the designated parking area, we will have additional space past the barn on the left ( our driveway is rather rustic, and the additional parking is in a field)
- Someone will greet you - tips, guidelines and prices will be posted as well as discussed upon your arrival.
- Please arrive at least 30-60 mins before closing time! We don’t want you to feel rushed!
- We receive many requests for photo shoots at the farm. Photographers (professional ) and their clients are permitted only in certain circumstances, Please message us to discuss details. This only applies if you are profiting from the photos, feel free to take pictures for your own use while here for you pick and other events. The farm and flower field is only open to paying customers.
- Some flowers have limits, such as the clearly marked sunflowers and gladiolus (available in July) which are limit 1 stem per regular size you pick container (none included with kid size ) - one of each, or two sunflowers or two gladiolus - we will help you cut these - if you want additional stems of these varieties they will be $2 each.
- Don’t want to cut your own or short on time ? Message us to check availability and order pre cut bulk flowers and greenery. An extra charge of $20 per regular size container will apply for "we-pick" flowers.
HERE ARE A COUPLE TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED CUTTING:
- Cut your stem to the length of your forearm
You can always re-cut your stems to fit the size of your container later.
- Not all of our plants are mature enough for long stems - If a stem is too short But you love it, cut it and enjoy it in a small vase! but please think about the plant when you cut and be sure to leave several branches. Please do not cut the plant off at the base or remove all of the branches.
- After you cut, strip all the leaves off the bottom 1/3-1/2 of your stem
You don’t want any leaves to be in the water. That will cause the life of your blooms to be short. And it is MUCH easier to do this as you go. We don’t mind if you leave them in the field!
Pro Tip: The less leaves in your container, the more flowers you can squeeze in!!
What to bring
- Your own clean container to take your flowers home (we can fill it with water for you).
- Clippers or scissors - we have a few pairs you can borrow, but not enough for everyone!
- Farm shoes. We have mowed grass paths between our rows, but heels and flip flops are not appropriate.
- Sunscreen, hat, and water! The flowers are in full sun.
A couple more things
- Gooseberry Bridge Farm is a working farm and multi family homestead! please stay only in the you-pick and farm stand areas. Do not explore the rest of our farm without permission! Please visit our Farm Tours and Goat Playdates page for more info on the rest of the farm!
- We do not have public restrooms at this time. (This may change in 2021, and will be updated in that case)
- This is our home and personal property and we have worked hard so we can share it with others - we want to keep it that way! Please DO NOT chase, harass or tease our animals in any way, or purposely destroy our property. You will be asked to leave.
- Please do not bring your pets, even if you leave them in your car (we have livestock guardian dogs who will want to warn us about the intruders, making for an unpleasant day for everyone) - If you have a service dog, please alert us ahead of time so we can prepare.