Our 2020 season is over! See you next year! Stay up to date and check out what we’re up to on IG!
We are open only select days and times - schedule is announced as it becomes available. Check Facebook and Instagram for more updates!
Message us to discuss a scheduling private flower cutting experience.
Haven’t you always wanted to stand in a field of flowers? Pick your own bouquet?
Located just 20 mins east of Springfield, Mo.
Wondering how it works?
- The you-pick field is open only on select days and hours throughout the season - this information will be posted on our facebook page, as well as instagram (and here on the website)
- Park in the designated parking area, we will have additional space past the barn on the left ( our driveway is rather rustic, and the additional parking is in a field)
- Someone will greet you - tips, guidelines and prices will be posted.
- Please arrive at least 30-60 mins before closing time! We don’t want you to feel rushed!
- We receive many requests for photo shoots at the farm. Photographers (professional ) and their clients are permitted under the following guidelines detailed on our photography guidelines page. Our guidelines apply only if you are being paid to take pictures or otherwise profiting from the photos.
- We offer three sizes of containers of you pick flowers, you pick into our containers and then move flowers to your own container to transport home - regular, large and child (14& under). $10 per Child, $20 per regular size container and if available we have a bucket for $50. The bucket is unavailable at this time - if we have enough flowers to sell buckets we will let you know upon arrival. The Child size container is an ADD-ON item - to purchase a child size you must also purchase a regular or bucket or an additional child size.
- Clearly marked sunflowers and gladiolus are limit 1 stem per regular size you pick container (none included with kid size ) - one of each, or two sunflowers or two gladiolus - we will help you cut these - if you want additional stems of these varieties they will be $2 each.
- Don’t want to cut your own or short on time ? Most days, we will have a limited number of pre-cut bouquets and pre cut bulk flowers and extra greenery to add at the farm stand! If you know you’re going to need pre cut flowers and want to reserve some, please contact us to pre order.
HERE ARE A COUPLE TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED CUTTING:
- Cut your stem to the length of your forearm
You can always re-cut your stems to fit the size of your container later.
- Not all of our plants are mature enough for long stems yet - If a stem is too short But you love it, cut it and enjoy it in a small vase! but please think about the plant when you cut and be sure to leave several branches. Please do not cut the plant off at the base or remove all of the branches.
- Strip all the leaves 1/3-1/2 way down your stem off
You don’t want any leaves to be in the water. That will cause the life of your blooms to be short. And it is MUCH easier to do this as you go. We don’t mind if you leave them in the field!
Pro Tip: The less leaves in your container, the more flowers you can squeeze in!!
What to bring
- Your own clean container to take your flowers home (we can fill it with water for you).
- Clippers or scissors - we have a few pairs you can borrow, but not enough for everyone!
- Farm shoes. We have mowed grass paths between our rows, but heels and flip flops are not appropriate.
- Sunscreen, hat, and water! The flowers are in full sun.
A couple more things
- Gooseberry Bridge Farm is a working farm and multi family homestead! please stay only in the you-pick and farm stand areas. Do not explore the rest of our farm without permission! If you would like to visit with the animals we would love to make that happen, just ask and we can let you know where it is safe to go on that particular day. (We may even have some crackers for you to feed the goats and sheep!)
- We do not have public restrooms at this time.
- This is our home and personal property and we have worked hard so we can share it with others - we want to keep it that way! Please DO NOT chase, harass or tease our animals in any way, or purposely destroy our property. You will be asked to leave.
- Please do not bring your pets (we have guardian dogs who will want to warn us about the intruders and make for a noisy day) - If you have a service dog, please alert us ahead of time so we can prepare.